Who doesn’t love pizza? Especially ones cooked in a wood fired oven. I wish we had one at home, but firing up your oven to 500 degrees + does the trick too. I’m sharing one of our favorite pizza recipes. We made this dough two ways – one thin crust, and one in a thicker, pan-style.
The quickest way is to use pre-made pizza dough (there are some great ones out there), but if you have some extra time on hand, below is the at home version we used.
DOUGH RECIPE: (1 20 inch pizza)
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- Olive Oil
- Mix flour, salt and yeast together. Pour in lukewarm water and mix together in a stand mixer for 10 minutes
- Take the dough out of the mixer, place it into a lightly-floured bowl, cover and let it rise for 45 min to an hour
- Add some flour to a surface, remove the dough from the bowl, and knead with your hands
- Oil a baking pan and transfer your kneaded dough and press into your desired shape and thickness and it’s ready for toppings!
- Topping Ideas: Soppressata, fresh mozzarella – torn into pieces by hand, basil (add after pizza has cooked in oven)
- Move rack to bottom of oven and pre-heat to at least 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place your pizza in the oven and cook 7-10 minutes (for thin crust) or 20-25 minutes (for thick crust)